Booking - Terms , Conditions and other important information
For ceremonies and blessings
Contact may be made by
||00 34 958 827 287
Central European Time 10am to 7.30pm (one hour ahead of Britain and Ireland.)
||* Please note, the nature of my work means I am often absent from home so you may get an answer machine (in English and Spanish.) It usually is best to send an e-mail.
My availability can be checked by visiting my website - www.andrewhunter.eu Click on availability.
I aim to respond to enquiries by e-mail within 24 hours and a maximum of seven days. However, many of my appointments take me away from my home area, sometimes to other European countries, so I can be absent for a few days.
An e-mail autorespond message will advise you when you can expect to hear from me. If you do not hear from me by the time stated, please either re-send your e-mail and/or follow up your enquiry by telephone 00 34 958 827 287.
|Marriage ceremony or marriage blessing
|Vow renewal ceremony
Fees are detailed on my website - www.andrewhunter.eu - and refer only to those areas covered by the purple shaded areas in the following map.
Ceremonies outside the shaded areas will incur additional charges for travel, time, subsistence and possibly overnight stay(s). I would agree these additional fees before you confirm your booking.
Fees are inclusive of
|Wedding fee .. Planning, preparation and delivery
|All income tax and IVA (Spanish VAT - 18% wef 1st july 2010)
|Travel (Time and fuel costs) (Most ceremonies require a minimum of four hours travel time, return journey.)
The fee also includes
- All prior discussions and contacts by phone, e-mail or at my home in La Herradura (I do not travel out for meetings) 75ks east of Malaga (these are needed to assist in the design of your ceremony, including any advice on e.g. vows, music, protocol etc)
- Design and preparation of your ceremony according to your desires and requirements. I do not provide standard "off-the-shelf" ceremonies. Each ceremony is designed to your wishes.
- Delivery of the ceremony
- Travel time and costs to the ceremony provided it is held between Motril to the east of Malaga, as well as Granada to the North, and Estepona to the west.
- Issue of a personalised rehearsal schedule to guide you through any rehearsal should you decide to have one. (It is not essential for me to attend as this would add to time and costs.)
The fee does not include
- My travel costs and time to attend meetings other than the day of the ceremony
- Travel, time and accommodation costs if meetings or ceremony are held outside my home areas. (See the aforegoing map)
Once you make a booking for a specific date, you will be asked to
- Acknowledge receipt of the mailing and attachments by return. Without this, and should another enquiry arrive in the meantime, any new booking by another couple will take priority.
- Confirm your booking within one month* or the date given by making the necessary deposit and advising that this has been done.
Please be aware that your booking will not appear on my on-line calendar as confirmed until I have received your confirmation and deposit.
If the booking is not confirmed by the date required, it will automatically be cancelled. This is because I often have many requests for the same date, and I therefore need to operate a "first to confirm" policy. No reminders are issued.
A non refundable deposit of 100 euros is due when confirming the booking. Until this deposit has been received then your booking is not confirmed. The balance of the fee is due on the day of te ceremony but BEFORE it begins. Without payemnt, I cannot proceed with the ceremony. (This is due to the number of cases where payment has not been ade even after the ceremony.) Settlement may be made in advance through PayPal (you don't need a PayPal account) by going to my website - www.andrewhunter.eu
Cancellation and Insurance
Though no one wants to think about cancellation, sadly cancellations can and do happen for all sorts of reasons.
You may therefore wish to consider insurance to cover you in the event of cancellation. Numerous companies can be found online.
My promise is as follows
Responding to your original enquiry, I will issue a number of documents usually by e-mail.
- Introductory letter
- A questionnaire (NB questionnaires returned with questions unanswered will be returned to you so please ensure you answer ALL questions thoroughly
Further documents are available on request
- Tips on speaking in public
- Wedding etiquette
I then undertake to
- respond always in a timely manner
- once I have your completed questionnaire, provide a ceremony rundown which also acts as a rehearsal walk-through (I do not attend rehearsals given the vast geographic territory which I cover.)
- issue this rundown to any wedding planner you may have engaged.
I reserve the right
- To withdraw my services if the terms and conditions are not met by the due date without prior agreement and the balance of the fee has not been paid.
I am sometimes asked to attend the wedding reception. For numerous reasons (often travel distances, time, other commitments) I will decline but please don't take this as me being ungrateful.
Your undertaking is to
- Acknowledge receipt of the documents by return
- Confirm and pay the booking deposit by the date given
- Organise the civil (legal) ceremony (in a Spanish, Gibraltar, or home country registry office.)
- In Scotland, apply to the Local Registry office for bans of marriage.
- If to be held in a church, all discussions with the church regarding the ceremony
- Let me have your vows and any other information I need at least six weeks before the ceremony (or by date given)
- Provide the fully completed questionnaire and vows by the date given.
I get many excuses for the non return of the questionnaire - some quite amusing!
|I forgot you needed this (please, please put the date in your diary)
I'm too busy at work - (I think it's safe to say most people are busy and we all need to prioritise -)
We were busy painting the house
We moved house
We are thinking of moving house
Things are really manic here
We are trying for a baby
We just had a baby
The baby is sick
The kids are playing up
The in-laws were on holiday with us
This isn't a priority at the moment!
All of this suggests to me that the ceremony is not being given the priority it deserves as documents are issued usually several months before the ceremony with plenty of time for their completion (unless of course ceremony is booked at short notice) It seems possible for me for at least one of the couple to ensure the information is returned by the due date.
- Keep me informed of any changes to your plans eg date or time of ceremony, ceremony content. If you are to change the date, time or venue, please check my availability first as I may be unable to accommodate the change. Sometimes couples have significantly changed the start time, unaware that I had other commitments or changed the actual date without confirming I was available and rang to ask why I had not turned up! (I know! Unbelievable but true!) It's perhaps worth mentioning that I and other service providers may have other appointments before / after yours. This is especially so if using a church where there may be an imminent mass or service.
- Provide the text for any readings or poems together with the full name of those who are to deliver the pieces.
- Provide all support materials eg microphone, altar table, etc requested - if these are not provided I hold no responsibility if the ceremony does not run as we agree
- Settle the balance of the fee before we begin the ceremony
- Read the ceremony rundown schedule
Changes at Short Notice
We will work together to create the perfect ceremony. It can happen that couples will make slight changes to the ceremony closer to the date eg they may add in an extra poem or ritual. Please advise me ahead of time of the changes.
Every effort is made to ensure that my web site, and other information provided from 3rd party suppliers is accurate. However, my site or information sheets sent out via e mail, may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically made to the site and the information herein, and I and my suppliers may make changes and/or improvements to the site at any time.
Any information that you provide to me, such as your name, e-mail address, credit card number, telephone number, etc shall remain strictly confidential and will not be passed onto third parties, except with your express permission in order to organise a part of your celebration. Most contact with a third party is usually between me and the venue and / or any wedding planner.
Every effort will be made to ensure that your ceremony lives up to your expectations. If, however you have any cause for complaint I am anxious that remedial action is taken as soon as possible. It is essential that you contact me immediately if any problem arises so that it can be speedily resolved. If you feel that your problem was not resolved to your satisfaction then you must write within 14 days of your ceremony, putting your complaint in writing to me. Send your letter recorded delivery. Complaints that are not reported immediately at the time cannot be raised after the ceremony has been completed.
The contract between you and Andrew Hunter Ministries, is subject to British law.
Links to third party sites
My website contains links to third party sites. I do not control such web sites and am not responsible for their content. Please report any changes you discover eg revised e-mail addresses or any website where you receive less than courteous attention. I will then consider removing the link.
Modification of Terms and Conditions
I reserve the right to make changes to my website site (www.andrewhunter.eu) and the Terms and Conditions at any time.
Your statutory rights are not affected by anything contained within these booking conditions.
|Rev. Andrew Hunter
||Edifico Alqalat III, Piso 1A, Avenida Marina del Este,
|18697, La Herradura
|00 34 958 827 287
||NIE X - 3849315 - N